Digital Humanities Walk-in Hour
Do you have a question about research software, digital sources, programming, or statistics? Or are you just finding your way in the field of digital humanities and do you need some expert guidance? All humanities staff and students are welcome to visit our weekly Digital Humanities Walk-in Hours.
During this DH Walk-in Hour, various digital humanities specialists will be present to provide you with consultancy. The team is comprised of a scientific developer from the Research Software Lab, a member from Research Data Management (RDM) Support and a DH specialist of the University Library.
We can advise on, for example:
- how to analyze your data with R or Python;
- creating and sharing datasets, or data security;
- the technical component of your research (funding) proposal;
- finding appropriate existing research software, or the development of new tailor-made applications;
- how to optimize your self-written code;
- acquiring, archiving, and accessing qualitative and quantitative data;
- using digital humanities methods in education;
- automatic optical character or handwriting recognition;
- digitized full-text corpora and Linked Open Data;
- your quantitative research design, and which methods and statistical analysis to use.
Not in Utrecht? Join digitally
Are you unable to be physically present in Utrecht on Thursdays? It is also possible to visit the Walk-in Hours digitally. Each live Walk-in Hour consultation is accompanied by a Teams meeting session, which you are welcome to join. Through this link you will automatically join the next Teams meeting of the Walk-in Hours.