- statistical modeling (speech data, text data)
- speech errors and their repairs
- speech accents, and their accommodation and entrainment
Relevant other positions
- director of Centre for Digital Humanities, UU
- chair of Linguistics Chamber of Faculty Ethics Assessment Committee for Humanities, UU
- member of Open Science Team, Faculty of Humanities, UU
- Humanities representative in Adviesraad Research IT, UU
- BA Linguistics (see https://www.hugoquene.nl for details)
- BA Taal- en Cultuurstudies: Emoties
Three relevant publications
- Quené, H. & Van den Bergh, H. (2021). Quantitative Methods and Statistics. Open textbook, 290+ pp. [Multiple formats, source code, and supplementary materials are available here].
- Nooteboom, S.G. & Quené, H. (2020). Repairing speech errors: Competition as a source of repairs. Journal of Memory and Language, 111. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jml.2019.104069.
- Orr, R. & Quené, H. (28-12-2017). D-LUCEA: Curation of the UCU Accent Project Data. In Jan Odijk & Arjan van Hessen (Eds.), CLARIN in the Low Countries (pp. 181-193). London: Ubiquity Press. Link